Friday, July 15, 2011

Team Gabrielle : Canuck Place Adventure Challenge September 18th

September 18th my sister and two friends are going to partake in the Canuck Place Adventure Challenge out at Cultus Lake.  The four of us are going to run all three parts as a team starting and finishing the race together: a 40 km bike ride, 10 km run, and a 5 km kayak.  I feel very inspired and determined to raise money to help support the families and most importantly, the kids that are part of this program.

Let me talk about the children, including my daughter, that are part of this program as they have touched me in a way that no other child has before. These kids have been dealt an incredibly difficult set of cards, and they try to make the most of what they've been given in life.  I try to imagine myself in their shoes and when I do, I get so emotional, and determined to do what I can to help improve the quality of their difficult, and often short lives.  They have really impacted my life and made me realize that because I am healthy and able, there is absolutely no reason why I can't step outside of my comfort, and do what I can to make a positive difference in their lives.

Canuck Place is magical.  Everything they do here has the child in mind, and everything from the doctors, nurses, counsellors to the cooks, cleaners and development team are all financed by private donors and fundraisers.  The government only kicks in 20-30% of their budget and the heart of Canuck Place program comes from the 350 volunteers.  I wish you could see all the activities the volunteers and staff have done while we've been here: drama plays, tie-dye shirts, music, Seattle Sea Hawks visit, massages, baking dog treats for Poppy, games, memory making activities, movie nights, soccer games, beach days, books, and an endless amount of play in all the different rooms in the house.  My kids are never going to want to go home.

Please helps us fundraise for Canuck Place by sponsoring Team Gabrielle.  By doing so, know that you are helping to improve the lives of the coolest and most heroic children I've ever met.

www.adventurechallenge.ca

Thank you!!!
Team Gabrielle 
xxoo

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this photo of Gabrielle!! She's so sweet!! Love her...!

    And good for you for participating in the challenge...I'm proud of you girls!

    Michelle...xoxo

    ReplyDelete