Sunday, April 22, 2012

Growing Pains

When you grow, it hurts.

I know of many artists who claim their best work is born from pain.

Growth. Change.

Like the blaze of colours when switching from night to day.

Change can be beautiful.

Gut wrenchingly amazing. Precipitous. Destinal.

I haven't written a post in a long time. It's like I don't have much to say. A plateau I suppose.

I shudder to think of a life-long plateau.

This blog – while a scrapbook of family moments for us – has captured our growth.

Our blaze.

It hasn't been easy. It isn't easy.

Growing is hard work. Much harder than decaying. Plateauing.

We see the world differently.

We're lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Regan,

    I did an image search of "I-Cell disease", something i do every couple months. Each time I do I see some other I-Cell kid I recognize. How odd that the first few results of a google search will be someone you know. Thats how I just linked to this blog. I'm in my own plateau right now. It's nice, though, to be in a slow place. Claire's right here with me, and I can imagine that it will last forever. Love to you and yours from the Watsons and Eggers.

    -Matt Watson

    ReplyDelete