- A good cup of strong coffee. How would I ever survive these days without it?
- A beautiful sunny day. It feels like spring is on it's way and I can't tell you how exciting that is.
- Days at home with Gabrielle feeling well, happy and smiling.
- A visit from Danielle who spoiled us with amazing meals every night.
- Family that lives close by and is always willing to help out when needed.
- My good health, and the good health of my kids and husband.
- My bed.
- My boys's preschool teachers and Kindergarten teacher as they have created a learning environment that they want to be a part of.
- All the support and resources we can access so that we can help Gabrielle live her best life.
Gabrielle's developing contractures which really affect her range of motion leaving her stiff and which can ultimately affect her development. She wears braces on her hands when she sleeps as her fingers are contracting and when you lose the use of your hands, you decrease your quality of life. She's also getting braces fitted for her feet as her feet are contracting too.
Our goal for Gabrielle has always been to have a good quality of life, so it's important for us that we try to slow the progression of her little body from contracting. The play therapist showed us how to use play as a way of stretching her body out actively instead of us stretching it for her. The pictures above show the therapist having Gabrielle reaching cross body for the toys as well as above her head. She loved the challenge and was concentrating so hard. It was adorable to watch.
Of course there are difficult times in the every day living, but by taking in the good and focusing on all the things I'm grateful for, it sure over rides everything else:)