Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dragon Mom

There are a few posts I have in the works, but I found this article on Canuck Place's FB feed yesterday, and I have to share it today.

Since seeing it, it is appearing everywhere on the internet.  All of the other parents in our I-cell community are posting it, and friends have sent us the link as they try to understand.

I have always tried to put into words how profoundly different my role as a mother to healthy James and Michael is compared to my role as a mother to Gabrielle.  Emily Rapp captured it perfectly.

Thank you Emily for describing exactly what it's like to be a mother to a child who is terminally ill.

Amy.

3 comments:

  1. Someone posted this on my wall the other day and I really loved reading it, too. Puts things into perspective again. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this Amy - I know I will read it many more times!

    ReplyDelete