Sunday, January 13, 2013

"Amazing" Recovery

Like just 10 minutes ago the doctors took Gabrielle off bi-pap and back onto regular flow oxygen.

She had Influenza-A, which, we learned, can cause seizures in its early stages. Fortunately its one of the few flus that can be treated with tamiflu.

She's recovered in "amazing" fashion (to quote one doctor).

We seriously thought we were going to lose her.

The blend of state-of-the art medicine, incredible doctors & nurses, positive energy and prayer is simply beyond words.

While it's only the start of the flu season, with many more bugs to likely come and her baseline compromised so early on, we'll take it... and every extra day, week, month we have with her.

Thanks, everyone, for thinking of her.

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful news, Regan! Will continue to keep you all in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so thrilled to hear about her recovery. With our girls we know that the end is inevitable but everyday we say, "not today". And I'm glad they seem to agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, today has been such a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this update made my day! sending wishes from calgary to your adorable and tough family!! darcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the wonderful update. Brings tears to my eyes, how quickly it can all change for good or bad. I will continue to think positive thoughts, so gals she's feeling better. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What comforts me is the thought that little Gabrielle's soul is safe. Her life reminds me that I need to be like a little child who cannot hate, holds no grudges, holds no bitterness, knows only love, so that I can be with all those little children in Eternity. King David said of his little child in 2nd Samuel 12:23 "Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great news. I wholeheartedly echo "not today." Hugs from the East Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pleased to read that Gabrielle is on the mend. She is amazing and so is her family. Lesley Mussett.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope gabrielle is ok

    ReplyDelete