Monday, November 7, 2011

A celebration of life

I have started this post so many times.  I have been stumped in finding the right words.  I have stopped and thought.  And thought.  And I find that so many times, I can just feel.  And there are no words to explain.

Just love.

We invited friends and family over to help celebrate Gabrielle's first birthday a couple of weeks ago on a beautiful, sunny, warm October day.  The same weather on the day she was born.

It has been a journey this year and when I think back to 'us' a year ago I am overwhelmed and saddened, and overjoyed all at once.  We have dug deep, we have hit bottom and we have been the happiest we've ever been.  We have started all over again, rediscovering what life is about.  We have been beaten, we have been left to the wolves and we have begun to resurface.  And Gabrielle has taught us what matters.

Thank you to our many friends and family who have been by our side this year.  It has been lonely, difficult and we could not have done it without you.

Thank you for helping us celebrate Gabrielle's first year of life.   It was magical to see you all, and have you all here in our home.

Cheers to friends, family, love and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment